Tips for Joining Affiliate Programs
By David McKenzie
Here are some things that I look and you should too before joining an affiliate
program. They are items I feel are imperative
to being in a
successful affiliate program.
1. The affiliate program has a great payment structure. For
me, a high commission that is also a high percentage of the
purchase price is essential. Nothing under 25% commission.
2. Make sure the affiliate program you are joining has
looking site. You do not want to be sending visitors to a site
that you do not like yourself.
3. Make sure they offer a comprehensive affiliate
statistics page that lists the number of click troughs, number
of sales and amount earned. This should be broken down per month.
4. Also make sure that the affiliate statistics are updated
automatically and immediately. You do not want to find out today
about a sale you made a week ago.
5. Ensure they give a wide variety of text links, banners
and graphics to put on your web page. Although I prefer text
links, certain types of banners and graphics still work well.
6. Know how often you are going to be paid. If you
are tossing up between 2 programs and one pays monthly and the
other pays quarterly, the one that pays monthly is better. You do
not want to wait months before getting paid for your hard work!
7. See if the affiliate program gives examples of how the
top affiliates are doing. This can be a great pointer to whether
it is good or not. If some affiliates are earning many thousands
per month, it is a good affiliate program.
8. Along these lines, also see if they give examples of
what marketing methods these successful affiliates are using to
get the best results.
9. An affiliate program that offers a special monthly
newsletter just for the affiliates is great. Here you can get
extra tips and techniques that are working well.
10. See if they offer email notification when you make a
sale or get an affiliate signed up under you (if it is a 2-tier
program). It is good to see `You have made another sale' in your
11. Ensure top level
support is given. If they cannot answer your query straight away
make sure they can respond within 48 hours.
There is a
tremendous demand for affiliate programs and choosing the
right one is no easy task. Make sure you do plenty of research
before joining one.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Article by David McKenzie of
http://www.brisney.com For great ideas on promoting your web site or
marketing your affiliate programs subscribe to our Free twice
monthly newsletter by sending a blank email to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
But what' a good Affiliate
Program? Know it here
Affiliate Program Qualify? Find out More